West Buffalo Charter School provides a rigorous and highly differentiated curriculum for students K-8, focused on high academic standards while also providing high-interest and enrichment opportunities including music, art, technology and sports. This is all done through small class sizes with two teachers in every classroom (K-5), a focus on positive and respectful relationships and high expectations for individual success. WBCS offers a highly successful ENL program and two multi-age self-contained classrooms to enhance our robust special education program. In short, WBCS is a place where diversity is celebrated, individual differences are accepted, and student success is maximized.
- Diverse, multicultural student body
- Highest teacher-student ratio with enrollment capped at 20 students per class (K-4)
- At least two teachers in every classroom
- Consistently ranked in the top 10% of all Buffalo schools per NYS assessments (ELA and Math)
- Art, Music, PE, and STEAM offered daily.
- Chorus and band with year-end performances
- Intramural sports with brand new gym
- High-interest after school clubs offered daily
- Full-time School Nurse
- Transportation provided